Re: What files does Windows 95 check when it boots up ?

Rick Kunze ( )
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:47:16 -0800

When you say "flickers," do you mean it flashes back and forth a bit? Or
are you referring to flicker as in slow (56Hz) refresh rate? I've seen
some boxes do a little flashing back and forth between dos-like boot up
screens and then back to the 95 blue sky.

Windows(95) checks win.ini and system.ini during startup too.