Re: Off topic : Windows 95 Error message : EEPROM not installed ?

Ray Mosely ( rmosely@mychoice.net )
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:51:14 -0600

While ROM BASIC only came with true blue IBM PC's, the machine code
to look for ROM BASIC was included in many clone BIOS chips. If a
clone of this sort fails to boot, it can display the No ROM BASIC
message.
None of this pertains to Danny's question, however. Please see
my other post.

Howie Hamlin wrote:

> I think that applies only to older IBM PCs (not clones). I don't
> think any
> clone ever came with ROM Basic.

<snip>

-- Ray MoselyISCET and A+ Certified Computer TechnicianMicrosoft Certified ProfessionalMosely & Associates, member CompTIA