Re: Off topic : Windows 95 Error message : EEPROM not installed ?

Ray Mosely ( rmosely@mychoice.net )
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:48:10 -0600

Kevin, I don't understand why you would talk about ROM basic
the blue sky and clouds screen. He's obviously booting or starting
to boot the OS, which would never happen in your scenario. The
ROM BASIC message locks up the computer without any OS boot.

Kevin Ingram wrote:

> Bios will often issue a "ROM Basic Not Installed" Error (usually in
> the old
> 40 column mode!) if the HD and FL cannot respond for a boot. If thats
> the
> error, it's very likely a hardware failure in the machine...
>
> Kevin Ingram
<snip>
> From: Danny Sinang <danny@uplink.com.ph>
<snip>
> >Hi.
> >
> >One of my clients recently got an error message just before Windows
> 95's
> >famous blue sky and clouds screen appeared. It read like "EEPROM not
> >installed" or "EEPROM device can not be found."
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea what this is all about ? Does it have
> something
> >to do with the CMOS ? Low battery perhaps ?

Ray Mosely
ISCET and A+ Certified Computer Technician
Microsoft Certified Professional
Mosely & Associates, member CompTIA