RE: Macs and Nt 4.0

Paul Arnold ( parnold@gru.net )
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:51:06 -0500

OK, here's what you do:

Control Panel/Network/Services
add Services for Macintosh

this installs AppleTalk, File Services for Mac, and Print Service for Mac

File Sharing - clients can use the same docs, even if some work with the Mac version of an app and others use Windows or MS-DOS
Printer Sharing - clients can send print jobs to either a win or MS-DOS based or Mac-based printer
AppleTalk Routing support - Mac nets can be connected to create a Mac internetwork

Mac volumes require that it is formatted in NTFS

You can't use Mac XL or Mac 128K (just in case you have any in the attic)
The mac client must have OS 6.0.7 or later
also supported: LaserWriter 6.x or later printer driver and the AppleTalk filing protocol v 2.0 and 2.1

Services for Mac supports LocalTalk, ethernet, Token Ring, and FDDI

(Hey - I just happen to have the docs in arms reach)
Merry Christmas

Paul Arnold
parnold@gru.net
http://www.gate.net/~parnold