Re: ITU standard, Livingston reply

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:02:58 -0800

Mitch Wagers wrote:

> things change....but April is probably a pretty good date to see changes.
> I have a feelings a decision was made way before this month though! Like
> we are always kept up to date :)

For those involved with authoritive bodies and working groups, its a
hard reality that you can not keep up with the internet. Even if a
decision was masde in November by the ITU, it will take 2-3 months for
that to be published and be final (you know, assigned its ITU name,
signed of by the people, etc). Then it will take 1-2 months for
vendors to implement code changes (mostly software at this point) and
test compatability and get to the market (unless you are Ascend and
just by-pass the testing stage).

So February actually isn't that bad of a guestimate. :)

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com