Re: Monitoring Users

Network Operations ( noc@apc.net )
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 15:04:26 -0800

Well, I don't know about monitoring, but there is quite a bit of software
out there that your client can install to restrict access to certain areas
of the 'Net. We offer a hardwre solution from Bay Networks called Instant
Internet for connecting LANs to the Internet that has the restriction
feture built in. Again, it's on the clients end.

I recommend staying away from offering any service for monitoring or
restricting content. That means ISP's are one step closer to being
RESPONSIBLE for content, and you know what trouble that will be.