RE: USR 56k connect problem

Justin Brown ( Justin@pacinfosys.com )
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:51:51 -0800

There is apparently a problem in the V42.bis microcode in internal X2
modems of a certain revision level (4.3.110, in our case).

The S15=128 command seems to relieve this problem, but I have yet to see
a connection above 28800 with this setting. I didn't think that V42 had
anything to do with the V34+, but who knows.

Hope this helps people out there,
Justin Brown
Technical division manager
Pacific Information Systems