Re: MIME Types

Jose Carlos da Silva ( (no email) )
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 14:53:25 -0300

Kent Runyan,

On 2 Dec 97 at 9:38, you wrote:

> We have a customer that wants to play .mid & .midi files off our
> server. The files play fine when using IE 3.02 but Netscape tries to
> download them as an executable. Our server uses IIS 3.0 with all
> applicable service packs and hot fixes installed. Are we missing a
> MIME type that Netscape needs or is there something else we are
> missing??

Yes, you should use the REGISTRY editor in your IIS web server and go
to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+ SYSTEM
+ CurrentControlSet
+ Services
+ InetInfo
+ Parameters
+ MimeMap

Then, you should add two new string value (REG_SZ) with empty values.
The string names should be:

audio/x-midi,mid,,2
audio/x-midi,midi,,2

After that, you should stop ALL IIS services and start them again, or
you can just restart your NT server.

That's all.

[]s,

| Sysop & WebMaster ALLNET BBS/Internet |
| Modem: 55 (011) 3061-3600 Voz: 55 (011) 3061-0088 |
| http://www.net-all.com.br http://www.brasmail.com.br |
| ICQ (UIN): 344539 mailto:jcds@brasmail.com.br |