Re: Oooops - thought I knew what I was doing

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 04 Apr 1998 11:33:04 -0800

Pat Augustine wrote:

> I appear to have made a mistake. We just upgraded our SQL server and I
> thought it was a perfect time to fix our ongoing problem with the username
> field being too short in the Calls table. We built the database, using the
> scripts that come with Emerald 2.1.08 (most recent we have) and reloaded the
> data from a dump. Everything was great.

You can't reload just the data from a dump. It restored the STRUCTURE
as well as the data.

> Then I noticed that the username field was back to 12 characters. We didn't
> have much data as of yet, so I DROPped the table and cut/pasted the Create
> Table CALLS portion of insttab.sql into ISQL_W and recreated it. I re-ran
> the trigger, just to be safe.
>
> I seem, however, to have missed a step, as the CALLS table remains empty,
> regardless of users signing on and off. Attempts to search (using the
> Emerald "Time On" tab) result in an "Error in SQL Statement" message.
> Searches using ISQL_W, indicate the table is blank (and I assume that's the
> cause of the Emerald error, but let me know if I'm wrong).
>
> The good news is that the users validate just fine and the CallsOnline view
> continues to work. So, how do I fix the CALLS table? I'd appreciate any
> help.

I would guess that you have manuall calls update enabled? Thats
the only way the callsonline would be working if the calls table
is not being populated.

Run RadiusNT in -x15 debug mode and see what error its showing for
the INSERT statement on the accounting. That should tell you what
the problem is. I'm guessing its permissions. Did you re-assign
permissions to the calls table after re-creating it?