RE: Discount Calculations

Robert H. Clugston ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:02:51 -0800

Dear Ronnie,
So basically you are confirming my thoughts. The rates setting is useless
unless calculated 19.95 * 6 - (19.95 * .1667) or N * X - (N * D) where N =
amount/mount , X = equals the amount of months, and D = the % discount.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronnie D. Franklin [SMTP:ronnie@itexas.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 1998 11:46 AM
To: 'emerald@emerald.iea.com'
Subject: RE: Discount Calculations

I think each has his own way...

We tell the customer that they are getting a 10% or 20% off each months
price.. so Dale's way works for me with one small flaw... I setup my ISP
business before I started using Emerald... so we setup three plans..
$19.95, $17.95, and $15.95.. being montly, 6 months, 12 months... However
$17.95 is actually is 10.0250627% off.. and with rounding a 10% off gives
them $17.96 per month... same type of problem with yearly.. Instead of
using the Discount for a period of time we have had to setup 3 different
"pay plans"..

You can do the same thing and then you will have what you want even though
Dale figures the discount differently..... and I like his way, it's just
that it does not fit what we are already doing.

Ronnie