RE: Discount Calculations

Ronnie D. Franklin ( )
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:45:40 -0600

I think each has his own way...

We tell the customer that they are getting a 10% or 20% off each months
price.. so Dale's way works for me with one small flaw... I setup my ISP
business before I started using Emerald... so we setup three plans..
$19.95, $17.95, and $15.95.. being montly, 6 months, 12 months... However
$17.95 is actually is 10.0250627% off.. and with rounding a 10% off gives
them $17.96 per month... same type of problem with yearly.. Instead of
using the Discount for a period of time we have had to setup 3 different
"pay plans"..

You can do the same thing and then you will have what you want even though
Dale figures the discount differently..... and I like his way, it's just
that it does not fit what we are already doing.