Re: Multi-link PPP

Michael Whisenant ( mwhisen@airnet.net )
Sat, 07 Mar 1998 09:52:48 -0600

Rudy,

The problem that I am faced in the TC is that a user will get two
connections, yet unless they are using an ASCEND then they never bond.
This will result in 2 64K channels and even though data is passing over the
second channel the TC does not see it and will drop the 2nd call as soon as
the idle timeout is reached. Using a decoder the client see a rejection to
bond the 2nd channel from the TC, which means that the 3COM and USR ISDN
modems are NOT compatible? The ASCEND products will show the second
channel as <MULTILINK:I0> or whatever port the first connection is located on.

At 11:15 AM 3/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Well we are using USR Total Control Chassis and we have NO problems with
BACP.