Re: Creating Reports

Gary D. Walworth ( (no email) )
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 07:07:22 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com <emerald@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Friday, March 06, 1998 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: Creating Reports

>> I'm trying to create a 'Payments Received' report for our accountant that
>> shows...
>> Date, Name, Pay Amount, Invoice#
>>
>> It looks a lot easier than it really is. Is there an existing report out
>> there that does this? Anyone?
>
>See the report:
>
>ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/reports/cr50/payments.rpt

That's basically what I had done originally, until the accountant told me
about the need for invoice numbers on the report. In order to do that, I
would need to bring in the Invoices and InvoiceItems tables, as there is no
reference in the Payments table... correct?

BTW, I figured out the reason for the "ODBC Error:Driver Not Capable"
message in Crystal Reports. After comparing some reports I had made with
some reports on the FTP Server, I narrowed it down to the Report Options in
CR. All of the reports that work do *not* convert the Date-Time string. When
it is converted to Date (only in Report Options!), the error message occurs.
I don't know if this is something I had done originally when setting up CR
or SQL. Does this happen to anyone else?

Using: SQL 6.5 (SP3), Emerald 2.1.8, Crystal Reports 6.0 Pro