Re: ntmai version 3.03d

Duane Schaub ( dschaub@terraworld.net )
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:35:47 -0600

I am using 3.03d as well and have had good luck with outgoing mail. The
only problem is that there is a severe mem leak when NTmail uses the
emerald external authentication dll. It chews up 150Mb per day. Since I
only have 196Mb on the machine, I cannot tell it if levels off, but after
two days, my ram commit level is >290Mb ( 250Mb Just for POP and SMTP
services) and I must restart the machine. This is NOT a disk caching
problem as the clearmem utility in the NT resource kit does no good.

Duane.

At 11:25 AM 3/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I loaded version 3.03d of ntmail and thought my problems with it had gone.
>
>The post server now works as long as you have send mail immediately
>checked.
>
>If you send mail to a nonexistant domain or to a domain thats mail server
>is unavailable i don't think its trying to resend every so many minutes,
>from what i can tell it tries to send that message about 18 times one right
>after the other then returns the mail with a message saying it exceeded the
>hop count.
>
>Does anyone else have this problem before i attempt ntmail support :(
>
>Thanks
>
>Dave

Duane Schaub, President |Terra World, Inc - Connecting The Planet
Terra World, Inc. |Southeast Kansas' Leading Provider
200 Arco Place, Suite 252 |Flat Fee - Never an hourly Charge
Independence, Kansas 67301 |Where Service is Top Priority!
Voice (316) 332-1616 |http://www.terraworld.net
FAX: (316) 332-1451 |dschaub@terraworld.net