Re: Crashes while writing Credit Card Batch

Pat Augustine ( (no email) )
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:53:23 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com <emerald@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Friday, February 27, 1998 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: Crashes while writing Credit Card Batch

>Pat Augustine wrote:
>>
>> Dale,
>> I thought this was an aberration but it's doing it again. Whenever I try
>> batch out credit cards, they batch just fine, but Emerald crashes ([Not
>> Responding] in Task Manager) after writing out about 40 records (exactly
40
>> today, 43 last week). (It continues to work on other machines just fine,
>> just not on the one I usually do credit cards on).
>> I've deleted and reinstalled Emerald and it made no difference.
Sometimes
>> after I kill Emerald through Task Manager, I also get the Blue Screen of
>> Death with the following message:
>>
>> An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C029F418 in VxD VREDIR(06) +
00004C14.
>> This was called from 0028:C003CD04 in VxD VREDIR(01) + 00005EDC. It may
be
>> possible to continue normally.
>>
>> I usually have to pop the reset button after that as it won't even shut
>> down. This is on a Windows 95 Machine, with a P200 and 64MB of RAM and
>> Emerald 2.1.11. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, and crashed last friday and
>> again today. Emerald has no problem at any other time, other than
actually
>> writing the batch to the hard disk (the file is partially created, and
that
>> last record is aborted after the very first " (before the C1)
consistently.

>So if I follow, it batched out fine on one machine, but not
>on another? What version of Emerald is the other one running,
>and what CC system are you using?

Both machines are using 2.1.11 (installed from the same ZIP file). We use
Cardsoft. The machine that now hangs is the one that has been doing credit
cards all along. We did reinstall Windows on it about a month ago, but
Emerald batched out fine after that. Indeed, it does everything except the
actual write to disk (and it starts that). I thought at first there was a
problem with a specific record or something, which is why I batched out from
the other computer (that doesn't even have Cardsoft installed on it), but
the fact that it wrote fine there disproved that theory. It's clearly
something in this machine, I just haven't been able to figure out what.

Pat Augustine
Interlink America