RE: Radius Crash

Robert H. Clugston ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:19:57 -0800

It appeared to hang my system too. I didn't get a doctor watson errors, but
it stopped responding to any authentication request. I'm probably not
running 2.2.41 and I'm running it as a forground application in debug mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald@nls.net [SMTP:emerald@nls.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 1998 3:59 PM
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Radius Crash

OK, first a little setup information. I've got RadiusNT 2.2.41 running, one
machine is running as the verification server, the other is running as the
accounting (and backup verification) server. Both are logging to SQLserver
6.5.

I had a user with a userID of "bobsyouruncle" signup today. He accidently
put his userID in his dialup networking entry as "bobsyouruncle "
(think there were about 30 spaces or so after his name.

Every single time he would try and login the verification radius server
would refuse him access since it was the wrong user name, then a popup
DrWatson window would come up as Radius crashed. Right after it crashed on
the verification server the accounting server radius would get an
accounting
packed and it too would crash.

It occurs to me I could pretty much crash any radius server at any ISP now
that I know the trick. Does anyone consider this to be a bad thing? Is
there
a cure?

Geo.