Re: Radius Calls AscendDataRate

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:16:32 -0500

> Greg Waugh wrote:
> > In my Calls database, the AscendDataRate is always null in the logon
entry
> > (AcctStatusType = 1). The data rate is only logged when a call is
logged
> > off (2). Is this normal? It would be very helpful to have the data
rate on
> > both.
>
> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> RadiusNT only logs what the NAS sends if. So I would assume the MAX is
> only sending it in the stop record. I have no idea whether its normal
> or not. :(

The Maxes send Ascend-Data-Rate (user's initial upload speed) and
Ascend-Xmit-Rate (user's initial download speed) only in the STOP records
(Acct-Status-Type = 2). There are only a couple things that are logged in
the START records. Virtually all worthwhile info is sent only in the STOP
records.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com