Re: Queries

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:38:45 -0800

Elon Richards wrote:

> Is there any way of allowing users to change their login passwords via
> the internet in Emerald?

There are a couple of sample passwords webpages (asp/idc) on the ftp
site in /emerald/contrib.

> While using the Emerald client, and editing a user in the database, we
> clicked on the Time On tab. We then clicked the Update command button
> which generated a SQL Query error. Using the SQL trace, we realised that
> whatever values was typed into the Start Time and Stop Time fields were
> being treated as character in the query when compared to the CallDate
> field. What little knowledge I have of SQL queries says that this will
> never work even if a valid date string is entered in these fields. Has
> anyone reported this problem and is there a cure to it??

Dates ARE treated like characters in SQL. :) What version of Emerald
are you using? Send me the SQL Statement that you captured.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com