Re: Calls history table.. gone?

John Lange ( )
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:53:57 -0600

Dale, you forgot to mention that 2.1.11 will still delete the calls table
(or call history) when doing a call consolidation.

Is there a version that does this process right?

JOhn :}

At 04:31 PM 1/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Victor wrote:
>> I'm running Emerald 2.1.8 and a couple of days ago, I noticed that all of
>> my
>> MBR's no longer have any call history information.
>> Of course, this is a problem, since I'm billing at $1/hr when users exceed
>> their monthly
>> Internet usage limit.
>> All I've done in SQL is truncate the transaction log a few times, back up
>> the entire hard drive onto a tape device, diskdump the Emerald database,
>> and restart the server three times in the last week or so. Once, the
>> restart occurred as a result of a power outage during a storm in the middle
>> of a normally functioning day.
>> Any idea how I could find the lost call history data and resume billing my
>> customers? And how to prevent this from recurring?
>Upgrade to 2.1.11 (which is not the latest production release). I've
>posted several times that 2.1.8 had a problem where when you delete
>an MBR, it could delete all of the CallHistory, not just the CallHistory
>associated to the MBR.
>It doesn't affect the billing anyways. You just loose the historical
>refecrence. The billing is in the charges table.
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (
> Internet Solutions for Today |

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC. MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town