Re: Calls history table.. gone?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:31:08 -0800

Victor wrote:

> I'm running Emerald 2.1.8 and a couple of days ago, I noticed that all of
> my
> MBR's no longer have any call history information.
>
> Of course, this is a problem, since I'm billing at $1/hr when users exceed
> their monthly
> Internet usage limit.
>
> All I've done in SQL is truncate the transaction log a few times, back up
> the entire hard drive onto a tape device, diskdump the Emerald database,
> and restart the server three times in the last week or so. Once, the
> restart occurred as a result of a power outage during a storm in the middle
> of a normally functioning day.
>
> Any idea how I could find the lost call history data and resume billing my
> customers? And how to prevent this from recurring?

Upgrade to 2.1.11 (which is not the latest production release). I've
posted several times that 2.1.8 had a problem where when you delete
an MBR, it could delete all of the CallHistory, not just the CallHistory
associated to the MBR.

It doesn't affect the billing anyways. You just loose the historical
refecrence. The billing is in the charges table.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com