Re: Billing Questions

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 19:51:03 -0800

Randy Nickle wrote:

> I am wondering about the billing cycles of a customer.
> Our accounts are sold on a quarterly and annual basis.
> When a customer purchases his account today Jan 18 it expires in 3 months
> or in 12 months. How does the overtime billing work once they exceed their
> time of lets say 30 hours per month. Is it based on THEIR expiry date or
> are the calculations based on our calendar month? If it is on the CUSTOMERS
> EXPIRY date that means each and every customer has their own billing
> cycle,correct?

Yes, its called Anniversary billing (versus Monthly billing).
When you run consolidation, Emerald puts overuse charges
onto the account. By running renewal then invoice batches, you
can pickup the charges for the current month (and send bills),
rather than waiting for thier anniversary date to come around.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com