Re: Year 2000 Bug with Emerald and RadiusNT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 12:04:29 -0800

Rudy Komsic wrote:

> As I was creating some Scripts for doing some time checking, I realized that
> there may be a problem with the Expiry dates with the year 2000 problem.
> Since you only have short format of the date within the database, we will
> experience the 2k bug. Can you verify this since this would affect alot of
> ISPs and fix it if neccessary.

You are confusing two seperate things: formatting and database storage.

There are NO Year 2000 problems with Emerald. The time format used
is accurate to the nearest minute until the year 2079. The display of
a date has nothing to do with the storage of the date. If you need
verification of this, look in your TSQL book under date data types.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com