RE: Microcom 6000 series

Ronnie D. Franklin ( ronnie@itexas.net )
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:52:57 -0600

Thanks for clearing up 4 char vs 4 bytes!! I had just gone out to IETF and
found the info about that..

Status now is..

I entered a couple of the ports in the ServerPorts table and when I look
at the ServerPorts table I see logged in users.. however, I do not see them
in the Emerald On-Line screen...

Ronnie

On Thursday, January 15, 1998 12:40 PM, Laslo Orto [SMTP:laslo@cpol.com]
wrote:
> The 4 means 4 bytes long integer, which can be a number betwean 0 and
> 4294967296
> You should be able to do what you want with this:
>
> insert into serverports (serverid,port) values ((select serverid from
> servers where server='yourservernamehere'),PORTNUMBER)
>
> repeat for every port number you want to add
>
> At 12:21 PM 1/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >I looked at the port field in the database and it is defined as 4 int
> >which to me means that it is only capable of 4 digits.. ie 6010 but not
> >60100
> >
> >I also looked at the Cisco page about the attributes and it appears that

> >the IETF defined the NAS-Port as being 5 digits....
> >
> >Here is their info...
> >=====================
> >NAS-Port
> >
> >Indicates the physical port number of the network access server that is
> >authenticating the user. The NAS-Port value (32 bits) consists of one or

> >two 16-bit values (depending on the setting of the radius-server
> >extended-portnames command.) Each 16-bit number should be viewed as a
> >5-digit decimal integer for interpretation as follows:
> >
> >For asynchronous terminal lines, async network interfaces, and virtual
> >async interfaces, the value is 00ttt, where ttt is the line number or
async
> >interface unit number.
> >
> >For ordinary synchronous network interface, the value is 10xxx.
> >
> >For channels on a primary rate ISDN interface, the value is 2ppcc.
> >
> >For channels on a basic rate ISDN interface, the value is 3bb0c.
> >
> >For other types of interfaces, the value is 6nnss.
> >=====================
> >
> >As you can see from the last line.. the 60100.. etc is defined as 6nnss
> >
> >Maybe this will help to point me in the right direction!!!!!!!
> >
> >As for entering the ports.. Microsoft Visual InterDev will allow me to
use
> >the tables just like I would be using a spreadsheet... so I can enter
them
> >their.. except I am limited to 4 int....
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Ronnie
> >
> >On Thursday, January 15, 1998 12:08 PM, Dale E. Reed Jr.
> >[SMTP:daler@iea.com] wrote:

via
and