Re: exports file format

Greg Boehnlein ( damin@acclink.com )
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:23:50 -0500

Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> Robert H. Clugston wrote:
> >
> > Dear Dale,
> > Can you tell me the format that Emerald writes for external systems (ex. The "extends" files for emer_ux.) I would like to write a script to get Emerald to do what I want it to do. I tried of pearl scripts that don't do the job I want them to do.
>
> 2.1 has two types of lines:
>
> login expire password shell type realname
> EXT username expire
>
> 2.2 has three types of lines:
>
> ADD login expire password shell type realname
> DEL login
> EXT login expire
>
> This is just off the top of my head, and might be missina field or two for the first line.

Your missing more than a few. :) Here's the reference from my README.1st from the Unix Emparse program I've written.

This program was written to suppor the new style "export" files
created in Emerald 2.2 and higher. The format of the file is quite simple.

COMMAND <TAB> ARG1 <TAB> ARG2 <TAB> ARG4....

There are currently 4 commands that Emerald exports. All arguements are
seperated by TABS!!!!!!!!

EXT - Extend a users Expiration Date
Format: EXT LoginID ExpireDate

PWD - Change a users Password
Format: PWD LoginID Password(Unencrypted Clear Text)

ADD - Add a new user to the system
Format: ADD LoginID ExpireDate Password RealName Region Software AccountType

DEL - Remove a user from the system
Format: DEL LoginID ExpireDate

So, a typical export file will look like this; (Note, I have
replaced the TABS with Spaces. A real file will seperate the data by TABS)

EXT damin 10/9/98
PWD damin MyPassword
EXT tori 10/9/98
ADD testing 10/9/98 TestPasswd Greg Boehnlein Cleveland 4 ISDN
EXT testing 10/9/98
DEL testing NewPasswd
EXT damin 10/9/98

That should help.