FW: Customers Behind on Payment

Luc Richard ( lrichard@slcnet.net )
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 15:06:21 -0800

That's silly for a progam that claims to do billing but will not carry a
balance forward. This should also be transparent to the Emerald user (i.e.
time to print out the next invoice for the period? Any unpaid balances show
up on this statement as well). Not really too complicated for most people,
so no complaints from people that it's too complicated. Business practices
aside, billing is billing, and a simple balance forward is not too much to
ask IMHO. My vote is still in... all I ask is that you don't write it off
as frivilous if you get enough requests for it. No problem for the ISP's
who's customer's always pay on time, because they will *supposedly* never
see this feature.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [SMTP:daler@iea.com]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 1998 12:49 PM
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Re: Customers Behind on Payment

David Moore wrote:

> I agree, it is a competitive world out there, some tolerance is required
> please add my vote to that as well.

The temp and permament extends are there to add flexibility
and late payments with interuption of service.

Emerald 2.1 was designed to be simple. When you want to
do balance forward, people then want finance charging, variable
rate billing, tiered discounts for billing payments (pre/post),
etc. Then we'll get complaints because its so difficult to
setup and define this and people just want it "easy".

The model Emerald uses works very well for small and large
ISPs alike. A lot of people want to make things much more
complicated to save a user or two, when in the long run
you'll probably loose more time and money on that user
anyways.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com