Re: Some Questions

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 09:01:05 -0800

Mohammed Ersan wrote:

> Hi there Dale,
> We are Using Emerald 2.2 and Just have another couple of question :
>
> 1- When we upgraded to 2.2 we ran the update proc. but it returned that the Consolidation proc. and the radius users already exists so is there any differences in those stored proc. that we should update them or do they still the same.

You might want to compare the consolidation proc. I am not positive, but
2.1 didn't use the proc and it may have changed.

> 2- We have a monthly plan that have the first 6 hours free then any extra hour will be charged for an extra amount and I had a user that subscribed in Nov. 19 th. and we do consolidation monthly on the 1st of every month so the call history from Nov. 19th to Dec 1st had no problem but on Jan. 1st emerald will charge the account for the whole month and split the call history for 2 periods one from Dec 1st - Dec 19th and another one from Dec 20th - Dec 31st

Use Emerald 2.2 for this, rather than 2.1. Emerald 2.1 has problems with
running consolidation more than once per month, in that it could split
the consolidation cycles.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com