Re: How to correct a mistake

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 19:42:55 -0800

Dusan Janjic wrote:

> Mistakenly we have expanded our tempdb database to a different
> (improper) data device, it is now a log device. This is causing us a lot
> of problems, one we cannot finish our call consolidation. Is it safe to
> shrink it and then expand it to a proper device. Or better yet, can
> anyone suggest how to fix this problem. I am simply not sure how to
> correct this mistake ? Can anyone help?

I don't quite follow whats going on. You can't do what you are
descibing above. You can expand a log device, but you can't just
change a data device to a log device. If you have expanded the
log segment of your tempdb on error (rather than the data segment),
then you could shrink the tempdb log segment and expand the
data segment.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com