Re: Radius not Running as a service

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:21:37 -0800

Chris Carey wrote:

> We recently upgraded to Radius 2.2 using emerald on an NT 4.0 Intel box. I
> have been unable to get it to run as a service, the service starts normally
> but the authentication dosn't work. We have tried to run it as a command
> line program unsucessfully also. I can, however run it in debug mode -x15
> sucessfully. I have tried differnt switchs ect and radius seems to start
> and then die a few minutes later. (thank god I left 1.6 on the backup
> server) I have been running in debug mode for the last few days that has
> pretty much worked ok untill yesterday afternoon when the primary server's
> speaker started going nuts making a shrill buzzing, we ran back to the
> server room to find radius listing all of the usernames in emerald. We
> stoped and restarted radius and everything was back to normal until today
> when the same thing happened. I have checked the dsn, and it is a system
> dsn, I have also started radius as a service allowing it to interact with
> the desktop and everything seems normal, usersjust don'y authenticate. I
> even checked to make sure redius.exe was really running when it was running
> as a service and it was. I deleted the registry entrys and reinstalled it
> and that didn't help much either.
>
> Does anyone have any other ideas about what could be going on?

Are you running 2.2.41 or 2.2.39? What does your services.log file
contain when you try and start RadiusNT as a service? That file
might be in your system32 directory. Is your DSN configured for a
trusted connection or let specify user/password?

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com