Re: Report problems

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:59:59 -0800

Richard Sensale wrote:

> We store our reports a bit differently. Only certain people use certain
> reports, so we only keep those reports on that particular client machine.
> The path specified definitely matches where the report is.

The better way to do this is still put all the reports in a single
directory on the server, and just use user permissions (NTFS) to
restrict who can actually run the report. Everyone will see the list,
but only those with access will be able to actually see it.

> On another client when I did it, it saw the report but gave me an error when
> I tried to view the report saying it had a login error.

When you log into Emerald, does it display the same login name as
you typed in?

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com