Re: Changing Default Extend

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:05:21 -0800

Greg Hastings wrote:

> The ID 8 didn't exist in my configs table either. I added it and set the
> value to 30 days.

As a side note, not all of these were used in 2.1, or even 2.2.
I believe 8 was, though.

> What I need to fix is the default extend. You show it as ID 9. I changed
> that to 20, but it still shows up as 5 in the Emerald Administrator. I
> don't find a value of 5 anywhere in the configs table.

I don't think default extend was supported in the client itself.
Did you try the client after changing it to 20 anyways?

> You show ID 5 as being Default Limit with a range of 0-120 days. My table
> has a value of 7200 entered into it. What does that mean?

5 was something that was never used. Now its actually used as noted
below.

> Am I correct in understanding that the default extend value will be
> automatically added to the calculated expiration date on all accounts?
> That is what I am trying to accomplish.

Yes. 8, 9, and 5 are only relevant when creating accounts. The
extend will be cleared after a payment received. The default
expire is how many days from the day the account was created
will it expire (unless payment is received). Default limit sticks
with the account.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com