Re: adding new users

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:04:14 -0800

Scott Dejmal wrote:

> We purchased Emerald and haven't yet figured out how to add our 2000+
> customers. Does anyone have any tips for batch adding these users? We
> can get the existing records into pretty much any format necessary, but
> with all the tables, we need to be sure we're getting everything.

Because of the multi-table relational layout of the information
in Emerald, if you are not experienced in database work, it may
be better suited to allow us to do the convert for you. You
can contact sales for more details on it.

Basically, you must add the MBR information into the MasterAccounts
table, find the CustomerID from the newly created MasterAccounts
record, and then create a SubAccounts record with that CustomerID.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com