Re: Unix Support with Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 13:27:38 -0800

Dave Minogue wrote:

> Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote: Ok. On this one you'll need to modify the script to
>
> > recognize YOUR accout types. I believe it takes anything starting
> > with PPP and makes them a PPP user, and then only knows "Email"
> > and "Mail".
> >

> Is this in the extend or the emparse i should be looking for that?

emparse

> > > plus..now when i close/save a user
> > > I get 52:bad path/file
> >
> > Make sure the home dir field is blank. If you put something
> > in there, Emerald tries to verify/create it.
> >

> What I put there was \\unixmachine\username
>
> But i'll change it to blank.

That would be fine IF that is a proper share on the unixmachine.
However, emparse will create the local user's directory on the
unix machine for you, so the home dir should always be blank for
unix users.

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com