Re: Printing from Emerald

Pat Augustine ( (no email) )
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:28:26 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
To: emerald@emerald.iea.com <emerald@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Friday, December 12, 1997 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: Printing from Emerald

>Pat Augustine wrote:
>>
>> Both machines can access Emerald and all our servers just fine. One can
>> print, as always. The other gets the infamous "76:Path not found" error.
>> I've checked the ODBC settings (which worked before we moved) and they
are
>> identical on both machines.
>
>This is most likely credentials on the machine. Do you have a lmhosts
>entry for the server? What about a WINS server? How is the win95
>machines finding the NT machine on the other side of the ISDN link?

I have hosts entries. I've added both lmhosts and WINS server (and
rebooted) with no change. I can map the drive through UNC, and Access gets
there fine (for that matter, so does Crystal Reports 4.0). I'm logging into
the machine with a username/password that is in the Administrator group and
has access to everything, and is the same username/password I use for
Emerald.

Pat Augustine
Interlink America