Re: USR / Login without intervention

Michael Whisenant ( mwhisen@airnet.net )
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:48:52 -0600

David,

First of all, forget what USR has to say regarding RADIUS if you want to
use RADIUSNT! They are clueless. Remove the hardwire crap, set all ports
to network login dialin. Then set the authentic to your primary radius
server, alternate to secondary, accounting to primary accounting server,
accounting 2 to secondary accounting server. Make sure you have not
changed the default ports for authentication and accounting. I have over
1000 ports of USR TC and they work great. Just do not ask USR! Although
there new product which is about to be released will connect to a SQL
database much as RADIUSNT. This has many possibilities and will allow many
of their vendor specific attribute to fully work, without you having to
know a ton about SQL and how the numerical attributes relate to the named
ones.

At 12:11 AM 12/12/97 +1100, you wrote:
>Dale I wish to configure a USR TC so that the end user can login without a
text based login screen (I don't wish to have my customers use login
scripts) ie and there is no intervention by the end user. As you would do
when connecting to a RAS box using Microsoft networking. When I set the
USR to hardwired (as was suggested by USR) with the host being the
Radius/Emerald server. The user name and password are transmitted, however
upon inspection of the on line calls option, the user name shows up as
NULL, and the login workstation stops on: Registering your computer on the
network. I have also noticed that no user name shows up using -x15. How can
I fix this.