Re: Radius.exe crashes during NAS request

Thomas Kernen ( tkernen@deckpoint.ch )
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:18:16 +0200

> Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
> >
> > Thomas Kernen wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am about to move our radiusNT from Ascii to ODBC and it seemed
> > > everything was going ok until the NAS sent a request.
> > >
> > > The radius.exe is launched, the files are parsed correctly and
> > > the service is waiting for a request.
> > >
> > > Using radlogin and testing the username + password (x number of times)
> > > works fine. On the other hand, when our MAX4000 sends a request, it
> > > crashes.
> >
> > What does the -x15 show for the request before the crash?
> > What version (-v) of RadiusNT are you using?
> >
> > --
> > Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
>
> radius.exe -v
> 1.16.33 WindowsNT (+Ascend/Shiva) 08/27/96
> NOSHADOW BINARY_FILTERS ASCEND_SECRET WindowsNT ODBC
>
> radius.exe -x15
> Allocating ODBC Henv...
> Allocating ODBC Connect...
> Making ODBC Connection...
> Allocating Statement...
>
> SQL Statement: Select maExpireDate, ma.extension, saExpireDate,
> sa.extension, s
> a.AccountID, sa.AccountType, sa.Password, sa.Login, sa.Shell From
> MasterAccounts
> ma, SubAccounts sa Where sa.Login='*removed*' AND
> a.CustomerID=sa.CustomerID and sa.Active=1 and ma.Active=1

I was wondering if anyone had an idea why my radius.exe 1.16.33 was
crashing in ODBC mode when the requests are sent by the MAX4000 unit.
Using radlogin there is no problem at all.

Oh, I also tried using the radius.exe 1.16.60 but then the SQL tables
containing all the user information doesn't seem to be parsed.

Thomas Kernen
tkernen@deckpoint.ch