Re: RadiusNT 1.16.60 unable to report NT4.0 RARAS accounting

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:45:10 -0700

Bruno A. Karoly wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> I see that there has been mention of subject problem here. My question
> is will the forthcoming release of RadiusNT 2.2.? be able to address any
> of this problem?

These are NOT RadiusNT "problems". Its Microsoft putting a very week
first attempt into a RADIUS compatable client. Their client is NOT RFC
compliant and we will not create a fix to work with their non-
compliant implementation. Your best bet is to complain to them about
it.

> It's clear that MS is not sending the proper accounting info and
> therefore RadiusNT is rejecting the accounting data. Seems to me that
> there might be some way to have RadiusNT accept some of the data, since
> some data is being sent.

There is. Take off the primary key and it will save the accounting
date. Bewarned, that when you do that, you open up the possibility
of storing duplicate accounting data.

Its not that RadiusNT will not work with their client, its that their
client isn't sending enough information to be useful.