RE: ISDN and Ascend 4K

ken french ( frenchkc@gru.net )
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:01:04 -0400

What does MPP represent?
Big Book, ISP 1-11 mentions
MP = Multilink PPP
MP+ (multilink Protocol Plus, Ascends Proprietary)
Max T1/PRI 5.0A Release Notes, Page 24
Max T1/PRI 5.0A Release Notes, Page 150
Refers to MPP and Multi-channel MP & MP+ calls

Is MPP the same as MP+?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Schafer [SMTP:kahuna@cyberbeach.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 1997 6:05 PM
To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Re: ISDN and Ascend 4K

I'm assuming you want to use MPP because the caller dialing in is using an
Ascend Pipeline ?

Contrary to popular belief, MPP does not stand for multilink-PPP. I've
never had any problems getting multilink working using type=PPP in the
RADIUS profile. You might also want to try adding in an
Ascend-Maximum-Channels =2 in the profile in case it's defaulting to 1 B
channel only for whatever reason.

Also, if you have multiple Max4000's, make sure Stacking is turned on in
the Ethernet settings to allow multiple B channels to connect across
multiple maxes.

- Kurt
> From: Brad Jenkins <brad@jps.net>
> To: 'radiusnt@iea.com'
> Subject: ISDN and Ascend 4K
> Date: Sunday, July 20, 1997 5:14 PM
>
> Having a problem with Radius auth for ISDN accounts trying to get Dual B
MPP assigned. When I add the users into "Ethernet" Connections, there is
not a problem, but when I try to have the profile in the Radius use MPP,
the account is rejected each time. Any idea's?