Re: Radius NT

Jeff Binkley ( jeff.binkley@asacomp.com )
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:36:00 -0500

R>Tim Ballingall wrote:

R>> I was wondering if someone could tell me what the licencing
R>> requirements are with Radius NT... The material I have seen is a
R>> little vague.

R>The upcoming RadiusNT 2.2 release will be commercial available
R>for $495. The prior versions were pretty much freely available
R>(not freeware, though) and pretty much only supported when used
R>with Emerald.
R>
R>> Also is there any reason why Radius NT won't work using ODBC drivers
R>> and an Oracle database. I haven't tried it yet....But I might
R>> depending on how my eval goes..

R>Contrary to everyone's belief, SQL is NOT that compatable. Oracle's
R>PSQL and Microsoft's Transact SQL and JET SQL are quite different.

R>We have tried to keep the queries fairly simple and straight
R>forward to really alleviate any problems. Running RadiusNT in
R>-x15 debug mode shows most of the queries it uses. If you find
R>one that won't work with Oracle, send me the information, and I
R>will try to add it.

I'm seriously considering trying it with Syabse 11, which is what I run.
So far in the past I've found MS SQL and Sybase to be fairly compatable
(they were identical at one point in time). Any plans of addressing
some of the specific needs of us USR Total Control folks in 2.2 ? I'd
be much more interested in it at that time ? Also are there any limits
on the number of users planned for this price ?

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999