Re: Two 'Quick' Questions

Information At TDPNet ( info@tdpnet.com )
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 21:27:59 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_01BC8A53.79E990C0

I turned the Manual Updates On with 1.16.60 and it Dr Watsoned. I saw =
other postings saying 1.16.49 worked, so I swapped radius.exe in radius =
directory from 1.16.60 version to 1.16.49, stopped and restarted the =
RadiusNT Service, and still nothing in the "Calls Online" Query. This =
time the Calls Table was not updated properly either. Any other =
thoughts?
----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
Date: Sunday, July 06, 1997 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: Two 'Quick' Questions

Information At TDPNet wrote:

> I too am having trouble getting "Calls Online" working. What entries
> do you have to manually create? I have gone in and created all the
> necessary ports for my NAS and added the correct NAS Identifier to the
> ServerPort Table. If I run the query, I get a list of the all the
> Ports for the NAS, but with the original daler and test usernames.
> After dialing in the Calls table is updated, but not the ServerPort
> Table or the Calls Online Query. Another thing I noticed was that the

You most likely don't have the "Manuall Call Updates" enabled. This
is required for MS Access, since it doesn't do triggers.

> Access data table for SeverPorts uses the field "Port" while the
> documentation says the field should be "ServerPort". Which should it
> be?

Its irrelevant. The documentation covers the Emerald database
structure. The ServerPorts table is never directly accessed.
Only the CallsOnline query/view is. Therefore as long as
CallsOnline as the correct names, it doesn't matter what the
underlying table's field names are.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQsInternet Solutions for Today  |    http://www.emerald.iea.com

------=_NextPart_000_01BC8A53.79E990C0Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML 3.2//EN">

I turned the Manual Updates On with 1.16.60 and it Dr Watsoned. I =saw other=20postings saying 1.16.49 worked, so I swapped radius.exe in radius =directory from=201.16.60 version to 1.16.49, stopped and restarted the RadiusNT Service, =and=20still nothing in the "Calls Online" Query. This time the =Calls Table=20was not updated properly either. Any other thoughts?

----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea.com>
To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
Date: Sunday, July 06, 1997 4:25 PM

Information At TDPNet wrote:

> I too am having trouble getting "Calls Online" working. =What=20entries
> do you have to manually create? I have gone in and created all =the
> necessary ports for my NAS and added the correct NAS Identifier to =the
> ServerPort Table. If I run the query, I get a list of the all =the
> Ports for the NAS, but with the original daler and test =usernames.
> After dialing in the Calls table is updated, but not the =ServerPort
> Table or the Calls Online Query. Another thing I noticed was that =the

You most likely don't have the "Manuall Call Updates" =enabled. =20This

--
Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)
       IEA Software,=20Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT =FAQs

RadiusNT Mailing=20List           listserver@emerald.iea.com=
------=_NextPart_000_01BC8A53.79E990C0--