Re: Feature request

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 02:00:57 -0700

Mike wrote:

> Livingston has a connect rate check:
>
> 6.The Connect-Rate check-item is supported in RADIUS 2.0.1.
>
> •If Connect-Rate is specified as a check-item, that user will fail
> authentication if he attempts to connect to a PortMaster 3 at a faster
> downstream connect speed than that. The use of this check-item requires the
> PortMaster to send Connect-Info in the Access-Request, so it requires a
> PortMaster 3 running ComOS 3.5.1 or later. If Connect-Info is not present
> in the Access-Request packet, the Connect-Rate check-item is ignored. The
> following example would allow a user to connect at 28800bps but not at
> 33600 or 56000.
>
> user Auth-Type = System, Connect-Rate = 28800
> Service-Type = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
>
> Very useful for those of us who would like to charge users for 56k
> connections with out maintaining dual modem pools.
>
> Or can I simply add this to an existing setup by updating the
> dictionary?

The key here is that is Connect-Info is NOT included, its ignored. This
allows the user to log into a PM2 (which doesn't do the connect-info)
without
a problem and the PM3 as well. Their RADIUS server must have enough
smarts
to NOT enforce this check attribute if the attribute is not in the
auth request. I'll see what I can do about adding something like
this.