Re: Feature request

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 02:00:57 -0700

Mike wrote:
> Livingston has a connect rate check:
> 6.The Connect-Rate check-item is supported in RADIUS 2.0.1.
> •If Connect-Rate is specified as a check-item, that user will fail
> authentication if he attempts to connect to a PortMaster 3 at a faster
> downstream connect speed than that. The use of this check-item requires the
> PortMaster to send Connect-Info in the Access-Request, so it requires a
> PortMaster 3 running ComOS 3.5.1 or later. If Connect-Info is not present
> in the Access-Request packet, the Connect-Rate check-item is ignored. The
> following example would allow a user to connect at 28800bps but not at
> 33600 or 56000.
> user Auth-Type = System, Connect-Rate = 28800
> Service-Type = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Very useful for those of us who would like to charge users for 56k
> connections with out maintaining dual modem pools.
> Or can I simply add this to an existing setup by updating the
> dictionary?

The key here is that is Connect-Info is NOT included, its ignored. This
allows the user to log into a PM2 (which doesn't do the connect-info)
a problem and the PM3 as well. Their RADIUS server must have enough
to NOT enforce this check attribute if the attribute is not in the
auth request. I'll see what I can do about adding something like