Re: emerald and radius

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 15:17:47 -0700

BA wrote:

> Hmm yeah the DSN is called LocalServer in the ODBC, however, this is what
> SQL installed....and I didn't create another one.....in the Access one I
> did and pointed it to the radius7.mdb.....so I suppose I should create
> another entry besides the LocalServer and call it Emerald and point it to
> emerald.dat???
>
> I have radius setup with the odbc to LocalServer as well.

If you are running RadiusNT on the SQL Server machine, you
can use the Local Server ODBC DSN. You *NEVER* confgiure ANYTHING
to use the Emerald.dat file. ONLY SQL Server can access that
file directly. When you create the Emerald ODBC DSN, you need
to choose the SQL Server driver, and then type the name of your
SQL Server in the Server box and make sure you specify your database
(usually Emerald) under the options.