Re: second domain

Jose Carlos da Silva ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:18:43 -0300

cyborg,

In 18 Jul 97 at 21:48, you wrote:

> I have a domain set up with IIS and I would like to add a second one,
> that is independent from the first that listens on a different IP
> address.
>
> How is this usually done?

First of all, you have to add the new IP address to the TCP/IP
properties dialog of Control Panel/Network and restart your server.
If you plan to add more domains in the near future, I suggest you to
add all of your IP addresses, so you will not need to restart again
because of this kind of changes.

Next, you should go to the "Internet Service Manager", open the WWW
Server properties, go to the "Directories" tab and add a new folder
choosing the options "Home directory", "Virtual Server" and typing
the IP address associated.

That's all. If you use Microsoft Front Page Extensions, you should go
to the "FrontPage Server Administrator" and install the extensions to
the new "Virtual Server" if you want to enable FrontPage autoring in
the new server.

[]s,

| Sysop & WebMaster ALLNET BBS/Internet |
| Modem: 55 (011) 3061-3600 Voz: 55 (011) 3061-0088 |
| http://www.net-all.com.br http://www.brasmail.com.br |
| ICQ (UIN): 344539 mailto:jcds@brasmail.com.br |