Re: Newbie question on NT Routing

Darryl Harvey ( darryl@myemail.com.au )
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:52:46 +1000

This is exactly the same fault that I have with 2 of my clients.

1/. Can you ping the NIC of the NT 4 Server from the internet? (I
can't) If not, then it is the NT server not routing correctly. so stop
looking at the WIN95 box and play with the server.

2/. Can you ping the NT4 Server NIC from the WIN95 Workstation
3/. Can you ping the NT4 Server DUN (Demand_dial) port IP from the WIN95
Workstation?
4/. Can you ping the Win95 NIC from the NT4 Server ?
5/. Can you ping the Win95 NIC from the internmet.

If all questions except #1 & #5 answer YES, then the fault is the NT4
Server, and you have the same situation as me.

If you find a solution, I really want to know.