Re: Q:payment

Greg White ( whiteg@dnc.net )
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:17:24 -0700

We are dealing with this problem by:

1) Paying the invoice as if a full payment were made
2) Creating a charge for the unpaid portion of the invoice
3) Invoice next term to create the next month's invoice with the charge
applied
4) Create a brief incident describing the action so everybody knows what
happened

It does cause a little more manual work, but it seems to be working for us.
It keeps customers on a normal monthly billing cycle.

Greg W.
Direct NET Communications

----------
> From: pamela <pbazinet@cyberbeach.net>
> To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: Q:payment
> Date: Friday, July 18, 1997 10:14 AM
>
> This question is not a technical one, but I really have to find an
answer,
> and as of yet, I've had no luck resolving it. We recently switched our
> accounting package over to emerald software. The software only allows us
> pay the full amount or none of the account, more specifically, it does
not
> allow us to credit an account with a partial payment. Installing the
> software was great, but now we are faced with this problem that we
> desperatly need to solve asap, since it is extremely inconvenient.
Again,