RE: WebCounters and Guestbooks

Steve Mills ( steve@inil.com )
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 21:51:09 -0500

On Wednesday, July 16, 1997 9:30 PM, Mike McCarn wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am looking to implement a solution for a simple guestbook and hit
counter
> cgi that will apply to all of my users. We are running Website Pro as our
> webserver. I would like to have a cgi that can be called only by our
users
> sites, and that logs and accesses all the info from the users own
> directory. I am learning Perl now and it would be great if the script was
> in Perl. I have seen the counters and guestbook scripts at Matt's
Archive,
> but they seem to apply to an individual website not to many users.
>
> If anyone out there could point me in the right direction or would be
> willing to share a script that they are using I would be grateful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike McCarn

Matt,

I use and ISAPI filter called hitcount. Fast and plenty of options and
FREE. I haven't used Website in a while, but doesn't it support ISAPI. I
use iis.

The dll approach is by far the fastest it seems to me.

Haven't seen a multipurpose guestbook I would recommend. We use a basic
Cold Fusion script.

Hope this helps.

Steve