Re: M$ SQL Server or Cold Fusion? Need opinion

cyborg ( cyborg@earthlink.net )
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 23:09:47 -0700

James,

I don't know how concerned are you about scalability as I am not sure
what the proposed uses for your database solutions are, but for the
most part you can use simple ODBC MS Access databases, because those
yield the highest performance and can handle the biggest loads. And the
records are accessible from ASP pretty easily. This means that you don't
need to buy a SQL server until you are running into overload problems,
which you will be able to tell from the logs easily, and by then it will
be much easyer to justify the costs of a full blown SQL server.

If you can define what you want I can be more specific about the
solution.

..Endre