Re: shared cd rom?

John Lange ( (no email) )
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:05:02 -0500

HI

I didn't start this but.

Every time I try to remove a CDROM from a server, disable the ATAPI, and
the system will NOT boot. It starts to, goes to blue startup screen and
hangs or blue screens with a message about atapi. Even removing the
atapi.sys doesn't help.

I also hear some of my server check the drive on booting, if there is a
disk in there.

So, does anyone know how to stop this.

Any help appreciated

JOhn :}

> I hope I understand you question, but,
> Double click on My-Computer,
> Right click on the CD-ROM drive you want to share,
> Left click on sharing,
> click on "share as" radio button,
> fill in the name,
> Click "OK"
> and you're done. Now you can map the drive on other computers,
> provided you have the right protocols installed, on your computers (NT
> and W95)
> should have access to that CD-ROM drive.
> Kurt
> Initially loading your servers over the network is another story.
>
> matthew wrote:
>
> > we're getting tired of having cd-rom drives in all of our servers
> > just so
> > we can install nt server and occasionally add a driver.
> >
> > is there an easy way to share a network cd-rom drive amongst all of
> > my nt
> > servers??
> >
> > matthew

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers!
608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road, Suite 10
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
http://www.microt.com/

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ FASTEST SERVICE IN TOWN