Re: Bulk mail spaming , please help !!!

Rik Thomas ( rikt@impaqcomp.com )
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 20:57:00 -0400

What mail program are you using? You next steps really depend on what you
are using. Post.Office has some really nice features for relaying. One
thing you can do is only allow send access to your server from your
block(s) of IPs. It would inhibit your customers checking their mail from
other dialup accounts but....It could stem the flow of your site being used
as a relay. Check out some faqs there are many out there with relaying.

At 07:14 PM 7/12/97 -0000, Jorge Pocaterra wrote:
>Hi everyone
>
>In the last couple weeks my SMTP (Mail) server have being receiving
>thousands of mails (all with destination to AOL suscribers in alphabetical
>order) crashing the servers and spaming my service, Some people is using my
>server to send Bulk mail, it's hapening every couple days and it's drivng
>me crazy, every time it hapends it comes from a diferent server so i can't
>bock the ip address.
>
>Do any of you know about something that i can do to stop this?
>Is there any organization on the internet that regulates this?
>any sugestions? .........
>

>I will apretiate all your help
>
>Thanks in advance ...
>
>Jorge Pocaterra
>Enlared C.A.
>junior@enlared.net
>
>PS. let the force be with you ...

*Rik Thomas mailto:rikt@impaqcomp.com *
*http://www.impaqcomp.com Ph: 302-734-9774 *
* Fax:302-674-0589 *
*Impaq Computers, Corp. Soon to be ImpaqNET *