Re: recommendations for news server software

Joshua Moore [BCSI - Systems Administration] ( (no email) )
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:52:13 -0500

Using MCIS news package we have had stable news since the day we installed
it (over 8 months ago). Very easy to setup, and runs well on our Ppro200
w/64 Megs of RAM. It can be tricky if you have no idea how to configure it
properly.

----------
: From: Joseph Covey <admin@netsites.net>
: To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
: Subject: Re: recommendations for news server software
: Date: Wednesday, July 09, 1997 6:42 PM
:
:
: We tryed the MCIS and it was a nightmare. It was extremely inefficient
: making the system run incredibly SLOW!
: The to top it off, it would crash once a week with downtime of 12-15
hours
: to rebuild. This was very disappointing!
:
: We currently are using DNEWS which has caused us zero problems since we
: switched.
: Obviously I would go with DNEWS.
:
: ----------
: > From: Jeremy Schertzinger <jeremy@nutleysystems.com>
: > To: NTISP@emerald.iea.com
: > Subject: recommendations for news server software
: > Date: Wednesday, July 09, 1997 4:00 PM
: >
: > I was wondering what you guys think about NNTP server software for NT.
: > I know of MCIS News Server and DNEWS. Comments? Which one is better?
: >
: > Jeremy
: >
: > --