Re: Macs on TCP/IP routed networks

Richard Fink ( rfink@worldpassage.net )
Wed, 09 Jul 1997 21:10:38 -0700

Is MacTCP correctly set to Class-C which them produces the IP address
192.0.0.0 ? It can often be erroneously set to Class-A.

-Ric

At 10:01 7/9/97 -0700, you wrote:
>At 10:49 AM 7/9/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>Make sure that you do not have any conflicting IP numbers, and the
>>subnet for your machines are set up correctly.
>
>Thanks Jim ... IP addresses are clean. Only one Mac so far has TCP
>installed, and we can shut it down and use the exact same IPs in a Win95
>client with no problem. Also, we're not subnetting, just assigning static
>IPs from a pool of available addresses.
>
>I still think it's something we're overlooking or not aware of on the Mac
>OS. Had another suggestion this morning to remove MacTCP and try using the
>newer Open Transport instead.
>
>-Ted

Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
P.O.Box 2339 rfink@worldpassage.net
Mill Valley, CA 94942 http://www.worldpassage.net
WorldPassage is a Premier Internet Service Provider
owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.